Insta-Tax Corporation > Personal Income Taxes

Insta-Tax Corp. specializes in doing personal taxes for clients in the higher tax brackets and sole proprietorship, non-resident returns, multiple years, rental income, Death and Trust returns for Ontario residents.

We offer a service known as the Insta-refund for your personal income tax return. Meaning: we will issue you a cheque for your refund before you even leave our offices. Restrictions may apply. Please contact our office prior to your visit.

In addition to filing your income tax return, Insta-Tax Corp. is available for queries you may have, plus any correspondence you receive from the CRA including audit inquiries. This is our commitment to you.

How do I get started?
We encourage you to set up an appointment via phone (905) 737-5811 or email ( with one of our tax specialists. If you prefer in-person, feel free to walk in for a free assessment on filing your income tax return. For what documentation you’ll need, please refer to our FAQs.

Once we’ve begun an assessment to determine your tax situation, we will review any and all deductions or credits that would be available to your situation. At the end of the process, we will give you an estimate of the cost of filing before starting the e-filing process. All taxes are filed within 24 to 48 hours of submission electronically to CRA. For every return filed, we will provide confirmation via email or phone.

I’m a U.S. citizen residing in Canada. Do I have to file a Canadian return?
As a U.S. citizen resident in Canada, you must file both Canadian and U.S. returns. Insta-Tax Corp. can file U.S. tax returns for U.S. citizens residing in Canada and are Canadian residents for income tax purposes. If the majority of your income is from overseas, we can also offer advice on whether to become a non-resident for income tax purposes. To be eligible to claim foreign tax credits U.S.- sourced income, you have to file U.S. tax returns even if you are a Canadian resident.

In addition to the 1040 form, you may be subject to additional U.S. tax reporting if you own or are a beneficiary of Canadian mutual funds, TFSAs, RESPs, or RPPs.

For U.S. tax services, our areas of services include:
Preparation of U.S. federal and state income returns for you and your family
U.S. tax calculations
U.S. and Canada treaty benefits
Coordination of U.S. and Canadian deductions credits
Assistance with correspondence from the Internal Revenue Service

I don’t want to be doubly taxed. Are there measures to avoid double taxation?
Fortunately, you may not have to pay taxes in both countries, as there are ways to ensure you’re not doubly taxed. They include:

Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555), a special form excluding foreign earned income from taxation in the United States
Foreign tax credit or deduction
Treaty benefits, such as the United States-Canada Income Tax Treaty which may provide some exemption and/or deferral opportunities for U.S. persons.

For more information on whether or not these measures apply, please schedule a free consultation with one of our U.S. tax professionals.

When do I have to file my U.S. taxes by?
If you live outside the U.S., you have an automatic extension of two months to file your U.S. tax return. In other words, your U.S. return is due on June 15 of each year, rather than April 15. This provides additional time for you to complete your Canadian return to determine your Canadian tax liability, which may affect whether or not you have to claim the foreign tax credit on you U.S. return.

While you have until June 15 to file your U.S. tax return, the IRS will begin assessing interest on any unpaid balances on April 15th.

To schedule a free consultation, call (905) 737-5811.